Benefits of using Zar-Min:
- Highly effective in a mycotoxin management program
- High ion exchange capacity
- Improves flowability and pellet binding
- Excellent ionic buffering characteristics
- Does not bind minerals and vitamins
- Reduces free ammonia in the rumen
- Superior anti-caking agent
- Available in a fine grind format for use in liquid applications
Zeolites are hydrated aluminosilicates with symmetrically stacked alumina and silica tetrahedral which result in an open and stable three-dimensional honeycomb structure with a negative charge. The negative charge within the pores is neutralized by positively charged ions (cations) such as sodium.
Zar-Min is a natural zeolite with a high permanent cation exchange capacity (CEC) enabling it to maintain a dynamic equilibrium with the positively charged ions outside the zeolite lattice. Zar-Min has the highest CEC of all mycotoxin binders.
Research has shown that certain levels of clino natural zeolites can improve growth in heifer calves. This was largely due to a combination of increased feed intake and decreased incidence of diarrhea and soft feces by stimulation of appetite.
To download more information about Zar-Min click here.